The Financial Conduct Authority says that customer-facing documents should be “clear, fair and not misleading”. Can you honestly say that your company’s documents pass that test?
At Fairer Finance, we analyse almost 300 Ts & Cs and policy documents every six months. Most of these are full of words and phrases that mean nothing to the average customer. Sentences and paragraphs are far too long, and most documents are laid out in a way that makes it hard to make any sense of the information on the page.
Clear & Simple
We know that it’s possible to do things differently. We work with companies to create Ts & Cs and policy documents that an 11 year old could understand. We also redesign documents to make them as accessible and easy to read as possible.
- Our team is made up of former financial journalists and industry practitioners
- We’re experts in the principles of regulation, and Treating Customers Fairly
- We work with regulators and trade bodies to break down compliance barriers to creating simpler documents
- We don’t edit documents, we rewrite them from top to bottom
- Once we’ve completed a draft, we work with compliance, legal and other key stakeholders to create a final draft that everyone is happy with
All this results in documents that are clear, transparent and easy to understand.