Thought leadership in financial services.
When markets are failing, it's often difficult for businesses to change their sector from the inside out.
We partner with businesses to carry out research reports which expose areas of consumer detriment, and which seek practical solutions.
Our reports influence decision makers in government and the regulatory sphere, and can be the catalyst for change.
We host events to showcase and debate our research. Our recent research work includes:
- Misbuying insurance In February 2018, we published a report in conjunction with the Finance Foundation, looking at the mismatch between customers' expectations of insurance and the reality.
- We launched the report at an event where the FCA's head of policy, President of GoCompare, CEO of BIBA and a Director from Axa debated the findings and recommendations.
- Is the prepaid funeral planning market working well for consumers?
- Our report received blanket coverage across national press and broadcast media, and was followed up by a roundtable event attended by senior executives from the main companies, as well as the CMA, FCA and Treasury.
- We continue to campaign for regulation of this market and will publish a follow-up report in Spring 2018.
Our research reports
Read some of our research taking a close look at the important issues in the industry.