Annual multi trip travel insurance
Start your search for quality annual travel insurance policy by looking at Fairer Finance’s 2017 product ratings.
Our unique product ratings are designed to help you choose a quality insurance policy. We rate policies on the key features that are most important for the majority of customers.
We focus on core cover features, and don’t give extra marks for unnecessary bells and whistles. We also only give marks to features that are included as standard - not optional extras.
Please bear in mind we don’t rate by price and our ratings are not advice. You should do your own research to find cover that best suits your needs.
In order to achieve a 5 star rating, an annual trip travel insurance policy must:
- Offer more than £5 million of cover for treatment you may need following an injury or illness.
- Have an excess for medical claims less than £100.
- Have a 24 hour telephone emergency helpline.
- Offer more than £200 of cover for any dental treatment you may need.
- Have an excess for any dental claims less than £100.
- Offer more than £3,000 of cover for returning your body or ashes home if you die on holiday.
- Offer more than £1 million of cover for personal liability.
- Have an excess for any personal liability claims less than £250.
- Offer more than £3,000 of cover for cancelling your holiday before you travel.
- Have an excess for claiming when cancelling your holiday less than £100.
- Offer more than £2,000 of cover for flying you back home should you cut your trip short.
- Offer more than £150 of cover for cancelling any excursions you had pre-booked.
- Offer more than £1,500 of cover should the airline you were supposed to fly with goes bust, leaving you unable to fly.
- Have an excess for any claims relating to airline failure less than £100.
- Offer more than £750 of cover for travel and accommodation costs if you miss the departure of your flight.
- Have an excess for missed departure claims less than £100.
- Offer more than £2,000 of cover for abandoning your trip if you're delayed for a long period of time.
- Have an excess for claims relating to abandoning your trip less than £100.
- Offer more than £200 of cover if your money is stolen.
- Have an excess for lost or stolen money claims less than £100.
- Offer more than £250 of cover for a new passport if yours is lost or stolen.
- Offer more than £2,000 of cover if your personal possessions are lost or stolen.
- Have an excess for claims relating to lost or stolen possessions less than £100.
- Offer more than £200 of cover for replacing any single item of your lost or stolen possessions.
- Offer more than £200 of cover for replacing any valuable items that you've lost or had stolen.
- Offer more than £100 if your bags are delayed for a long amount of time.
- Have an amendment fee less than £10.
- Allow people named on the policy to travel separately.
- Have a maximum holiday length of more than 28 days.
Some of the companies in our tables are brokers, which means that they sell one or more insurers' policies through their own business.
Take a look in the policy document you receive to find out who the insurer is.