Representing the customer's voice in financial services.
Fairer Finance’s mission is to create a financial services market which is fair for consumers as well as the companies that serve them.
To achieve that goal, we regularly engage with regulators, government and industry bodies helping to influence and shape new pieces of legislation and regulation.
We respond to as many key consultations as we can, and regularly share our views at industry events, as well as through the media.
Some of the work we are currently engaged in includes:
- Future of the funeral plan market We are engaged with the Treasury, FCA, CMA and funeral plan industry to create better protection and clarity for consumers in this market.
- Insurance policy
- Nationwide Consumer Brexit Panel.
Working alongside a panel of experts to consider the impact of Brexit on consumers.
- Open Banking Project
- Competition & Markets Authority.
- Transparency Taskforce.
We are strategic supporters of the Transparency Taskforce, and James Daley is one of the organisation's ambassadors.
- Access to Cash panel.
We are a member of the independent Access to Cash panel, considering how we continue to protect access to cash for those who rely on it, as cash usage declines. The panel is chaired by former head of the Financial Ombudsman Service, Natalie Ceeney.
Fairer Finance also regularly speaks at industry events. Over the past year, events we have spoken at include:
- The Telegraph Future of Fintech conference
- The ABI's Value for Money event
- The Pensions Network event on rebuilding trust in financial services
- The Behavioural Insight Team lunch and learn session
- Post magazine's Claims Club event
- The All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance
- Social Market Foundation event on financial inclusion in banking
- Prospect event on financial inclusion
- Westminster Business Forum event on the future of insurance.
- The Protection Review conference on making protection relevant for millennials.
If you'd be interested in a Fairer Finance representative speaking at your event, or you'd like to talk to us about work in the policy space, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 3026 8541.