Over 50s life insurance
Start your search for a quality over 50s life insurance policy by looking at Fairer Finance's latest product ratings.
Our unique product ratings are designed to help you choose a quality insurance policy. We rate policies on the key features that are most important for the majority of customers.
We focus on core cover features, and don’t give extra marks for unnecessary bells and whistles. We also only give marks to features that are included as standard - not optional extras.
Please bear in mind we don’t rate by price and our ratings are not advice. You should do your own research to find cover that best suits your needs.
In order to achieve a 5 star rating, an over 50s life insurance policy must:
- Allow customers to reduce monthly payments.
- Cover customers if they die because of an accident - such as a car crash - during the waiting period.
- Return the money customers have paid if they die naturally - such as from cancer - during the waiting period.
- Allow customers at least 30 days to pay back a missed payment.
- Offer protection for customers past the crossover point. This means that if a customer cancels after they’ve paid at least half the amount of premiums they get money refunded.
- Have a waiting period of 12 months or less.
- Stop charging customers premiums when they reach 90 years old. Or cap the amount a customer can pay in premiums.
- Offer a funeral benefit option. This is an extra amount of money the policy pays towards the customer's funeral if use the pay out amount towards a funeral.
Some of the companies in our tables are brokers, which means they sell one or more insurers' policies through their own business.
Take a look in the policy document you receive to find out who the insurer is.