Direct Cremation Pre-paid Funeral Plans
Start your search for a quality Direct Cremation by looking at Fairer Finance’s latest product ratings.
Our ratings are designed to help customers make more informed decisions, but they should not be taken as recommendations or advice. Every customer has different needs, and our ratings are simply designed as a short cut to help consumers make sense of the complex world of financial products.
Our unique product ratings are designed to help you choose a quality direct cremation. We rate plans on the key features that are most important for the majority of customers.
We focus on core cover features, and don’t give extra marks for unnecessary bells and whistles. We also only give marks to features that are included as standard - not optional extras.
Please bear in mind we don’t rate by price and our ratings are not advice. You should do your own research to find cover that best suits your needs.
In order to achieve a 5 star rating, a direct cremation plan must:
- Guarantee cremation and doctor's fees
- Include transporting the body to the funeral home anywhere within mainland Great Britain for free
- Be able to collect the deceased 24 hours a day
- Deliver ashes for free
- Have no additional charge to collect the body from a private or nursing home
- Have no additional charge for removing medical devices such as pacemakers or artificial limbs
- Have a cancellation fee less than £100
- Not include any expiry clause
- Be from a provider which has a 24 hour contact phone line available so the body can be collected
- Cover the cost of the cremation if the customer dies before completing all installments